Saturday 24 January 2009

Skin So Soft

The biggest waste in my bathroom (I'll start on some other rooms in the house this year - honest!!) are the disposable razors. I've been meaning to pluck up the courage to get around to sorting this since I read Fake Plastic Fish 's post here....
http://www.fakeplasticfish.com/2007/08/plastic-free-shaving-part-1.html

Only I'm a coward.

My irrational fear of cutting my body to bits like a teenager with emotional issues to going to be put to the test as I now own a "Happiness double blade safety razor". I've no idea how old it is all I can tell you is that was made in the "People's Republic Of China" (which Wikipedia informs me only came about on 1 October 1949) and I have seen the blades for sale all over Ebay.

Wish me luck, if ladies in 1915 where able to cope with razors like this and people still today drive cars older than 1949 we should soon be walking out with nice smooth... un cut.... legs.

(Except that it's cold outside)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Clara,

Thanks for all your plastic tips so far - we've created a website notoplastic.org.uk trying to promote giving up plastic for Lent.

If you could visit it at some point, give us any suggestions, and link to it, that'd be grand!

We're mainly Lancaster-based, but at the same time, we're trying to collect some of the wisdom from the many "no plastic" blogs (we're actually a spin-off of two now finished blogs: Fantastic No Plastic and Plastic and Physics).

Good luck shaving and the rest!
Ally & co.